Powered By Blogger

I Am Gman

No subject is taboo with me. I pride myself on being an open and honest person and I like to vent. One of my favorite topics is discussing sorry a$$ people. So take this ride with me and look at life through my mind's eye. You may agree or disagree but you will be entertained in a thought provoking manner. By the way I hope you don't have sensitive ears.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

If you know her, help her.

Obscurity

You look upon her as a woman
Yet treat her as a child
Dissecting her self esteem
To make you feel more like a man
Although she is your wife
She is unable to birth a new life
You submerse her in guilt
Tendering her indebted to you
You seem happiest when she is humble
Proudest when she is submissive
Content when she feels unfulfilled
Because your needs have been met
And that is the role you have defined for her

She is connected to you
Yet alone
Trapped in a silence
Which, is agonizingly loud
You tell her you love her
To validate your actions
A love, she never questions
She must believe in your love
To justify her existence
She’s been conditioned,
Unaware,
That she is a victim of abuse,
Because she’s never been struck,
Or spoken to with a profane tongue,
Just condemned, to a life of servitude
In which her identity
Slowly fades,
Fades into obscurity

No comments:

Post a Comment